Friday, June 14, 2013

Nothin' But Father's Day Smiles!

In honor of Father's Day, I thought I'd share this video courtesy of Oral-B, The Power of Dad (to make us smile).  Perhaps I'm always an emotional blob, but I thought it was a touching video.

People have told me, "Tracie, you're always laughing or smiling!  It's so nice!" ...those people don't know me well, huh? Hahaha just kidding.  But more often, I'm complimented on my smile itself.  Got me thinking, my parents fostered this love and need to smile and laugh in life.  Time to get personal! haha .. Here's a few simple ways my dad has made me smile over the years...

As a young child, on early morning drives, Dad would put a hot mug of coffee up to the car windshield, which would then cause the windshield to steam.  I lOved this; I thought it was some awesome magic trick of his.

We used to take trips to Eureka and to make the trails more exciting for us, he'd get my sister and me a rubber ducky or a toy sailboat. We'd have a contest of whose goes further in the shallow creeks, as we ran alongside.  I don't think my dad and grandpa enjoyed fishing it out whenever it got stuck though haha ...  :P

Fast forward to today, I just enjoy the time spent together -- happy hour at my parent's after work, going out, laughing at his absurd jokes, etc.  I even smile seeing how proud he is of his little "farm" in the backyard -- tomatoes, potatoes, melons, onions, green beans, etc.  I also laugh at his inability to sit still (which suits him well at work).  One time, family came over for dinner and next thing I knew he's outside cleaning my pool.  I won't argue with that hah.

All of these simple things and more have given me many reasons to smile.  Oral-B is right; Dads are powerful!  How has your dad or father-figure made you smile?  Go ahead and share with us on here or Facebook a favorite story of yours.


Have a Happy Father's Day weekend!

Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment